MAPPS Announces New State Chapter in Maryland
MAPPS announced the formation of its fourth state chapter, with the establishment of MD-MAPPS in Maryland.
The initial Board of Directors will be President Richard Crouse (Richard Course & Associates, Frederick, Md.); Vice President Justin Lehman (Axis Geospatial, Easton, Md.); Secretary Tim Stagg (AeroMetric, Easton, Md.); Treasurer Kurt Allen (Photo Science, Inc., Bowie, Md.) and Director Al Wainger (Michael Baker Jr., Inc., Ellicott City, Md.).
The goals of MD-MAPPS will be to:
- Build relationships with local and state government
- Provide a voice for the private sector and the geospatial community-at-large in governmental processes
- Pursue relationships with professional geospatial organizations in Maryland
- Provide a forum for private geospatial firms in the state
- Promote education and workforce development programs with post secondary education institutions
In order to be a member of MD-MAPPS, a firm must be a member of the MAPPS national association. Private sector geospatial firms with offices or employees in or with a business interest in Maryland are encouraged to join the state chapter. Firms can enroll on the MAPPS website.
Maryland (MD-MAPPS) is the fourth state chapter of the association following Pennsylvania (PA-MAPPS) formed in 2007, Colorado (CO-MAPPS) formed in 2011 and Georgia (GA-MAPPS) formed earlier in 2012.
To leave a comment on this story, please log in: